Monday, July 6, 2015

Travel The World {Hazel and Ruby & UmWowStudio}

We are HOP HOP HOPPING between Hazel and Ruby and UmWowStudio this week!

Get more details here



At UmWowStudio we designed a new product line just for the talented Makery team from Hazel and Ruby to use! Some great CHIPBOARD FRAMES that will be super uber duper cool to alter, turn into home decor, use to mat photos and would even make great mini album covers. (There's an intro video on the UWS blog) They will all be posted to the UmWowStudio site soon... for now we're inspiring you with ways to use them! 

I created this little "mantra" style frame to hang up in my room amongst my gallery wall. I really do have this weird sort of desire to travel the world, and where I know a lot of people want to, I have no idea where mine came from. It sort of just crept up on me. So to remind myself not to forget, I have this little cutey hanging up now! 




It uses the one of the brand new frames... this one in a Speech Bubble form! The frame back was covered in Prima Gesso BLACK and the front panel was adorned with Hazel and Ruby's Wrap It Up Maps of the World. I just applied a bit of UHU to the chipboard frame, overlaid the paper and then cut to size. I gave it a quick sand with  my Prima distress tool. 



The center embellishment of my frame is made up of two sized doilies (one from Michaels and one Doodlebug Designs mini,) a layer of black thread and then a little chipboard concoction. The tag comes from UmWowStudio's Blank tags and has been covered in the Pass The Tissue Chevron by Hazel and Ruby. I tied the top with some May Arts Ribbon and finished it off with a piece of Chipboard from the Love Tags set and some Heart Confetti.




 And the whole bit was finished off with a sentence to keep me focused. The end! :)

5 comments:

  1. Cute project. love the,map paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag, Dee Dee! Love the map paper framing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the big speech bubble frame. It is so elegant with the white doily.
    the tag and the additional wood pieces really make a spectacular piece.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful frame project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete