Friday, July 3, 2015

When Skies Are Grey - WOW and UWS


Today I get to share with you my fabulous project for the Blog hop between UmWowStudio and WOW! Embossing Powders! 






Find WOW Embossing Power : 


Find UmWowStudio:




I chose to do a home decor based piece. I recently went to a 3 day scrap retreat and one of the make n takes was an AWESOME little wooden sign. They were Independence day themed, but because I don't do much decorating for the 4th of July, I opted to make mine in a few of my favorite colors. I did one offwhite, one grey and one turquoise one. Here is the turnout of the offwhite one!


I'm so happy with it!! The paper base is watercolor paper colored with a diluted black Grumbacher pan. After the watercolor paint was dry I splattered a few darker shades of paint around.



The clouds are made of a delicious mix -- printed chipboard pieces from October Afternoon's FLASH collection and Rainy Day Confetti and Sketchy Clouds MASH by UmWowStudio. The chipboard has been treated with some gray acrylic craft paint.



The letters are comprised of the Alpha 2 set from UmWowStudio and coordinating chip letters from FLASH. To really give my letters some OOMPH I embossed them using WOW! EP's opaque white. And to mimic that delicious ashed edge of the UmWowStudio Alpha 2s, I drew around the HAPPY with a black pen.



I'm pretty stoked with this little sign and really love the dimension that all the chipboard and embossing powder adds to it. 

Thanks so much for visiting me! Stop by both the WOW Blog and UmWowStudio Blog to see what everyone's been up to. Prizes awarded to a random comment on all the blogs!

8 comments:

  1. ooo this is gorgeous! I love the details and awesome chipboard shapes, so gorgeous!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and the colors are awesome. Any chance you'll be carrying something similar to this sign in your store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool piece!! Love the splatters and streaks of black!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece! Love the color choices and texture....not to mention the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete