Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Anchor - 12x12

Today I have a layout up on the Amazing Crafting Products blog that looks.. a little something.. like.. THIS:



I swear it's the most perfect title-less layout I've ever done. It's not TOO much, but it's not TOO simple. It just screams at me. Maybe because it's so full of my heart? because they ARE my anchor? My hubzilla and his mini me. 

The base is Glitz Design paper. I seriously adore this thick gray and cream distressed stripe. For the background I stamped the Directional Circle by Viva Las VegaStamps! in archival ink by Ranger, splattered some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Charcoal and laid down a bit of Tim Holtz's tissue tape. The thread has been adhered down with a fixative, which also secures the glimmer mist (it seems to smear rather easily.)


The Whimsical Cloud from Viva Las VegaStamps! has been stamped on a coordinating cream sheet of Glitz and trimmed out. I utilized some Scrapbook Adhesives foam dots for added dimension. UmWowStudio Star Confetti has been covered in Ranger's archival ink and adhered down along with some Prima Bark Stars.


And here you can see UmWowStudio Chevron Confetti covered in archival ink by Ranger, and an Amazing Crafting Products resin anchor. If you'd like specific details on creating the anchor, please hop over to the Amazing Crafting Products post. It's a bit o' resin, dye and powder. Well worth the blog jump!

And here's some really FUN news --- we'll be creating this layout in a Class @ the Weekend Crop coming up for the Scrap Society!! The crop is full now.. but if you're local and interested in attending just let the girls know and they'll put you on the waiting list! 

♥♥ Until next time friends!

I'm linking this up to the IN THE NAVY Issue @ Paper Issues

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful layout! Great composition and you are right not too much but not too little. It's just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I LOVE it!!! 2 of my favorite things nautical, and the color grey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.!!! .....STUNNING!!..Absolutely perfect, deedee! So dang beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely magnificent!!!
    Adding you to my blogs to read, don't wan't to miss any of your future creations :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully simple and just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this LO! It seems simple, although it is completely and extremely cool!

    ReplyDelete