Monday, October 20, 2014

Butterfly Tag

There's a new monthly challenge @ 7 Dots Studio!



http://7dotsstudio.com/archives/17418

TEXTURES

I've put together a tag with lots and lots of texture in various layers.


The bottom layer is a piece of 7DS Nature Walk (It's killing me that it's so out of season now! haha.) It's been distressed with Distress Ink, a Prima Distress tool and some old textbook paper. I've dreaming about using the Tag Diecuts from Nature Walk for a SUPER long while.. and for this tag, I got off my duff and did it! To gear up for some texture I popped some dimensional adhesive on the bottom of my diecut.


Before connecting the two I layered up some ripped and torn cheesecloth with a paper doily.


The Butterfly is from UmWowStudio, has been covered in Prima/Finnabair heavy gesso and Prima/Finnabair Glass Glitter and Glitter. It was also kissed with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain around the edges. The final piece on this tag was a piece of baker's twine knotted.

1 comment: