Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Scraps Of Darkness {Vintage Card Duo}

I've got another set to share today for my Guest Spot @ Scraps Of Darkness -- this time a CARD duo!

These two cards were made with TONS o' goodies from the Scrap of Darkness June kit "Perfectly Stunning" main kit and embellishment add on kit. 


The base for the right card is a piece of Nature Walk layered with  a sheet of Marion Smith's Nirvana collection. I layered up some drywall tape and gesso to add to the beautiful textures already in the paper design. Then I stamped my Viva Las VegaStamps! Clockface stamp in Smoky Grey Versafine by ImagineCRAFTS. The final bit o' goodness in the background is a splash of Distress Paint in Pumice Stone.

I layered up a sticker from the BoBunny sticker sheet, a Prima Resin Frame, some Prima flowers, a piece of UmWowStudio From The Heart flair, some diecut leaves, and a piece of the Floral Collection chipboard set by UmWowStudio. PHEW. 


Here you can see all the different things mediums working together on top of the already pattern heavy paper. Such a great feeling this card has!


The left card base is a piece of sturdy watercolor paper, also layered with a lot of the same goods as the base of the right; Marion Smith's paper, drywall tape, gesso, and distress paint. Then I used a piece of the diecuts set from the Embellishment Add on in the background, and layered one on top of a Prima Resin Frame.

The diecut/frame embellishment has been topped with a vintage metal button and wrapped with May Arts Burlap twine. There are two pieces of Chevron Confetti from UmWowStudio and two enamel dots from My Mind's Eye to finish out this card. 



 One more closeup of the fabulous texture! 

I really love how these two cards turned out, and I'm having a great time broadening my range using the Scraps of Darkness kits. They are packed full of goodness, TRULY! Stop by and check them out. 



1 comment: