Thursday, June 26, 2014

Art Journal Swap - What Inhabits your Soul?

We started a new group on facebook for a bunch of art journaling fools to get together and swap some journals. Each journal has a theme and the first set of pages done by the owner. Then it moves to the next person, who completes another double page spread fitting the theme.

My journal is on its way and ready to be worked in. EXCITING! :) I chose to invite people to let me know what Inhabits their Souls.

What.. makes the boat float, rocks their socks, tickles their fancy? What do they love. What do they hate? What makes their heart soar?

I worked up this double page spread to both introduce the theme and invite others to work in my journal♥

The pages are 8.5 x 5.5 - spiral bound, a nice white mixed media paper to mount pages on. I started with a sheet of Nature Walk from 7 Dots Studio

 
I started with a vintage library card and jotted down what I feel like my soul might look like. A .. vintage colored post apocalyptic themed part with gas masks, bombs, dead weed, and the occasional burst of color from blooms and butterflies. The part has high banners strung with bold patterns and all of my favorite shapes. I also dated that baby and then set it to the side for later mounting.

The next step was to invite my friends to play along. This pocket is from the My Mind's Eye Record It ANTIQUE collection. It fits with Nature Walk like bread and butter! The tag is from Nature Walk and the start, too. I loved layering up this edge, it's probably my favorite part of the entire spread.


The first step was to lay down my favorite Viva Las VegaStamps! rubber stamp of. all. time. The Waybill/Invoice background. Then I put down some drywall tape, some gesso, layered up a doily with stapes, some washi tape and a zip through my sewing machine. Then my invitation and a Nature Walk sticker.


Then I grabbed the Triangle Banner and Chevron Banner VLVS! rubber stamps and stamped them across the top of the page. They've been adorned with different pieces from Nature Walk including die cuts and stickers, and the Banner Mash Chip set from UmWowStudio.


I adore the arrow!


Then I stamped the Banksy Gas Mask Flower Girl and Banksy Bombs along the bottom of my page. I still needed to address the occasional POPS of color, so grabbed the Butterfly Specimens, stamped them on watercolor paper and gave 'em some color from my delicious set of Lyras. A couple last final things like putting in my journaling, and giving it a label using Alpha One chip from UmWowStudio and a Nature Walk diecut.

3 comments: