Monday, April 7, 2014

New Beginnings Are Often ...

Dreamz Come True ♥

Here's a 12x12 layout with a photo of the uber talented Finnabair and myself @ Winter CHA 2014. I remember when I first met her. Fell in love with her style, her sense of purpose. I got to know her and ended up falling in love with 7 Dots Studio.... then I met Tusia ... and it blossomed into me designing my own paper line. Hence the title of my page :) 

The base for my layout is the gorgeous (If I dare say so myself ;) ) Chevron side of Songbird from Nature Walk by 7 Dots Studio. When I designed this piece, I wanted the iconic chevron pattern, with some natural grunge and deterioration. There's a big open spot on the bottom right corner perfect for embellishing and layering.


Most of the embellishing and layering has been kept to previously mentioned opening including 2 pieces of beautiful May Arts Ribbon (Burlap Twine and Striped Grosgrain), 2 pieces of UmWowStudio chipboard from the Floral Collection that coordinates with Nature Walk, gesso, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, my Dymo Label Maker, and an UmWowStudio Mask.
To balance the page I stamped a Viva Las VegaStamps! stamp (Washi Grid) in the top left corner and layered it with thread, another piece of the Floral Collection chipboard (this time covered in gesso and Charcoal glimmer mist), a date stamp and a Flair piece from Moon Shine by UmWowStudio.



Just to the left of the main embellishing is some splattering of Glimmer Mist and a Bark Star and Engraver brad by Prima Marketing. 


And this is definitely my favorite piece using Nature Walk so far. I've still got loads to use and tons of ideas to use it on, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. I love your style DeeDee! I rarely have time to visit any blogs, but I do watch you on FB :) And I love all your projects! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this LO DeeDee and both you Ladies look simply beautiful ! xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete