Monday, March 10, 2014

Art Journaling -- Magazine bits


So --- I am plunging into art journaling and trying to just be more OPEN and FREE about some of my art process. 

I have a huge fine arts BASE from grade school through college, and only entered paper crafting after graduation. I really do enjoy both, but sometimes find myself being hard on the process instead of just going with it. So I started my art journal with a page about my path. 


It also happens to be my inspiration for the brand new scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge! Which is also working out great, giving me opportunities to fit new themes for my work. This challenge happens to be about "Magazine inspiration" --- just adding in an element from a magazine. 


My magazine bit is this portion of text at the bottom that was transferred over with heavy gel medium.


Other supplies used include my Dymo Label maker, Tattered Angels mists (Sprayed and stamped using an UmWowStudio circle confetti mask), an Arrow from Nature Walk by 7 Dots Studio, Washi Tape, black thread, a paper clip...



A clay face, 7 Dots Studio alphas, a piece of chip from the UmWowStudio Floral Collection and a Viva Las VegaStamps! Spotty Background stamp in Memento Gray Flannel.  

I was definitely struggling with art journaling... trying to do it the way everyone else was doing it. But I just did what I wanted, and really enjoyed it♥


No comments:

Post a Comment