Saturday, May 10, 2014

She Flew The Highest (Scrapki Double Page Spread}

There's a brand new challenge over @ Scrapki-wyzwaniowo today all about using 3 or more stamps!

I worked up this double page spread in my art journal all about a dear friend. She will remain nameless, she knows who she is :) But it's about a bit of a struggle that we all have.. sometimes being overlooked or passed by. When we feel inadequate or that our work isn't valued enough. I wanted to remind her, and myself, and really ALL of us, that as long as we're flying our highest, to our truest self, it shouldn't matter. Just keep going on, doing what you LOVE, doing what you want NEED to do.When it's time to be noticed, you will be :) we will be♥


The paper base is a sheet from Finnabair's Cold Country by 7 Dots Studio, distressed with walnut stain distress ink and water.
 



On top of the distressed paper I layered some drywall tape and gesso, creating a bit of texture. Then there's some splattering of coffee, May Arts Ribbons, Tissue Tape and Washi Tape. I also layered up a couple of Tags and a diecut hexagon from my Nature Walk collection by 7 Dots Studio.




This little clay face comes from an etsy shop by Mary Vogel Lozinak. The faces I love come in Black and White, but she also does colored clay and inks! The crown is from the Photo Booth Props by UmWowStudio, more May Arts Ribbon, and some coffee stain.


  

I did take a sewing machine to my journal page, which I love. This is a lightweight sewing thread in two stitches across my page. The three stamps I used are the Color Wheel Lines and Dictionary Page from Viva Las VegaStamps! (Both my designs) and the script stamp from the Cold Country set by 7 Dots Studio. They've been stamped in Archival Ink by ranger in black and Toffee and Sepia Versafine by IMAGINE Crafts.




The giant glittery banner alphas are from My Mind's Eye and the black bits are from my Dymo Label Maker. There's also a bit of splattering of gold iZink.

I /think/ that covers everything. Let me know if not ;) ♥♥

4 comments:

  1. Sigh... This is just gorgeous DeeDee!, you never cease to inspire me,thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pages, and a wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always encouraging to know that even the 'big' girls sometimes feel inadequate and overlooked...love the textures and colour...and the clay face is an absolute darling...!

    ReplyDelete