Friday, May 9, 2014

Raggamuffin {May Arts Banner}

Hello folks!! Today over on the MA blog we're raggamuffin-ing things up with some inspired banner projects!



I took the term "Raggamuffin" pretty literally, and distressed up some of my favorite ribbons. Cutting them apart, knotting them up, tearing them, and more. I did a white on white version to anticipate using it year long in all my home decor bits!


I must have used 6 rolls of ribbon on this baby, including faux canvas, burlap, twine, a sheet ribbon, striped satin  and more!




Here's a great view of all the different ribbons and textures layered up.




And this is the bottom edge, raggedy and beautiful!

Don't forget to see what else the May Arts Ribbonistas have accomplished! 

3 comments:

  1. I love this, it would be great anywhere, studio, bedroom, great room, end of baby's crib would be gorgeous too. Great idea to use stash of all types of ribbon Ive had for YEEEAARRRS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect by itself or as a background...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just love your shabby ragmuffin banner. Too pretty and you can use every day of the year!

    ReplyDelete