Well... it's been SEVEN days since I last posted for the 31 days of October Stamping with Smeared and Smudged. Man.. life happens, right?
Next year I believe I will work in advance, haha. that was an embarrassed laugh if you didn't catch that. I AM Excited to share with you today's stamping, though! And it is has multi-purpose functions! It IS my day 16 stamping project. it is ALSO my postcard for the Fall Harvest Postcard Swap in the Viva Las VegaStamps! Groupies facebook group, AND It is inspiration for the Viva Las VegaStamps! Monthly Challenge! You can enter to win your own blog spotlight and VLVS! rubber grab bag. Plus I just REALLY like my project :)
A Witch Postcard! I'm smitten! I started with a 4x6 piece of Canson Watercolor paper and gave it a nice layer of Liquitex Basics Gesso. I knew that I wanted to incorporate the circles from the VLVS! inspiration and was interested to see how Distress Ink would play on the Gesso.
After the gesso was dry I got a foam blending tool, Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and the Chunky Circles Stencil from UmWowStudio. I applied the ink through the stencil and then spritzed SO slightly with water to make the delicious distressed droplets Distress Ink is known for. HUZZAH. The ink played really well with the gesso AND I have some nice texture in it between the water and the brush strokes during gesso application.
Then I did some stamping using the Numbers Set and Waybill/Invoice Background from Viva Las VegaStamps! The Invoice BG was stamped in Archival Ink black by Ranger, but the Numbers Set was stamped in watered down black gesso from Prima Marketing. I also splattered some of the watered down gesso around the background to add another layer of depth. The Witch Holding Broom from Viva Las VegaStamps! was stamped in Archival Black by Ranger on Bristol board. Then I fussy cut her out and glued her down with UHU.
Next I grabbed a piece of black cardstock and trimmed it up to create a border around my postcard. I sewed it in place with white thread and my Brother machine. I also gathered up some chipboard stars from the Star Confetti set by UmWowStudio and applied them to the postcard with a pair of craft tweezers and more UHU. I'm becoming a HUGE fan of UHU.
And last but not least I put down some alphas from a dollar set I picked upat JoAnn. I'm a huge fan of the font, plus I got a black set and a kraft set. There are 180 alphas and they're the perfect size for this type of work! I think I need to go back for more. x.x
Well that's it I think! I'm so glad you were able to join me back up here.. and I hope I didn't disappoint you too much missing out on the last few days. Let me know what you think about my Witch Postcard and good luck to everyone who's in the running for the grand prize!
Also please don't forget about the other participants on this journey. Hop around, leave comments, and be entered to win: