Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday The 13th {VLVS! Blog Hop}

The VLVS! Design Team is hoppin with some projects themed Friday the 13th!



The list looks like this :


and I urge you to visit each place and comment -- there's a lb o' rubber in it for someone! I also heard someone is giving away a prize on their blog specifically! ^_^

Today I have a dark grungy dirty tag to share with you : 


I'm not going to lie -- when I had the idea for this hop I thought it was genius. Then as I was trying to make a project Friday the 13th themed that wasN'T halloween I about died. It seemed so friggin' tough!

Anyways I ended up with this Luck Based tag using two Viva Las VegaStamps! stamps: Clockface and Raven In Witch Hat.

Other supplies include Versafine Ink, watercolor paper, May Arts Ribbon, Golden Fluid Acrylic, vintage paper, Dymo Label Maker, TH Tiny Attacher, and a Stabilo in black. 

Let me know what you think of this style of tag? It's a bit dirty and I think I like it :)

You'll be on to see the fabulous Corrie Herriman  next!

44 comments:

  1. It's dark and grungy, but I'm not sure about the dirty part. I like the way the dymo text really fits in, when the other colours are dark... Doing black-grey-white seems simple enough, but I believe it can be difficult to get the same shades of grey. This is really cool!
    Kristiina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dirty tag - yep that was one tough brief non Halloween, but you've done a brilliant job. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dirty, grungy, monochrome - perfect combo ! fab tag love the starkness of the clock n the paint dripping from it - great effect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your tag! I've always loved that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the different shades of black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out great! The inky drips and clock are really eerie combined with the crow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it...dark n creepy is not just for halloween

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suitably dark and scary for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this what they mean, by 50 shades of grey?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent combination of images and not creepy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tag, so dramatic. So strong. Really inspired me to be braver and go darker. Such a great result

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! it is very inspiring--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. Love the grey shades and the raven in the witch hat. So cool. A positive cure for pink red overload. TFS. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. A real dark tag! Love the sentiment! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag, rather Edgar Allen Poe-ish.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  16. *LOVE* this! The nifty runnels below the clock make me think of time running out . . . super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the tag and the message, make your own luck. Very nice. enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tag - love the raven
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the dripping clock! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who doesn't love a bit of dirty grunge?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like it -- especially how you trimmed the clock to fit the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This tag is fabulous! Love the clock and raven with the drippy background. And kudos for the genius idea for this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this - simple but has a dark and light warmth to it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the fluid acrylic!! Awesome dirty/drippy look <3 xo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dark and gritty, I like that, gray, black and white really great. A splash of red somewhere on this would be outstanding. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tag, creative minds think alike :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the staples. It adds some creepy ness to the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't feel very lucky with this raven staring at me :) great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It is beautiful. I love black and dirty!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this- really like how dynamic the shades of black are.

    ReplyDelete