Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day! {Thank You}

I've joined up with the Ribbonistas on the May Arts Blog to celebrate World Card Making day via the Operation Write Home blog hop! Here's my card with some details :


The card is a double layer of watercolor paper. I picked up this stamping technique from Miae Rowe over on the UmWowStudio blog -- I sprayed the Star Confetti (UmWowStudio) Stencil with mist and laid it down on the paper (instead of spraying THROUGH it.) The Viva Las VegaStamps! Thank You is stamped in Archival Black by ranger. I layered Box Pleat and White Leaves from May Arts Ribbon under a Layered Chipboard Star that has been covered in gesso and the same Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist that created the stars pattern. Some black thread and a My Mind's Eye brad finish off this card.

Please stop by and see the beautiful collection of Thank You cards that all the Ribbonistas put together.. it's seriously a stunning bunch!

4 comments:

  1. DeeDee, thanks for sharing the deets on the star template technique, i was gazing at the card pondering, then started to read and went..."wait a minute" lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect blog banner and GREAT card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the inkiness on this card! Thank you so much for your support of OWH!

    ReplyDelete